As anyone working with data these days knows, there is a massive wave of innovation in analytics today. Hundreds of companies from startups to Amazon and Google are making breakthroughs. In the best spirit of innovation they are building on one another’s work to make astounding progress on new concepts like NoSQL databases and cloud data warehouses.
But technology itself is never the whole story. People and organizations must absorb innovation to make it relevant. We see that happening at a mass level with some concepts that have been around for years, such as agile business intelligence.
So after much discussion, here is Tableau Software’s prediction for the Top 10 Trends in Business Intelligence for 2014:
- The end of data scientists.
- Cloud business intelligence goes mainstream.
- Big data finally goes to the sky.
- Agile business intelligence extends its lead.
- Predictive analytics, once the realm of advanced and specialized systems…
View original post 60 more words